Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ready to go...

Well I think we are ready for the season to begin. The trailer is done! We finished installing the 3 bay sink this week and everything works great. It will be nice to have a place for everything.

I've done several chicken practice cooks over the past couple of weeks and feel really good about the new recipe. I also cooked 6 pork butts for a friends party over the weekend so that was a good way to get back in the swing for pork. It was a crazy winter and I haven't cooked a brisket or ribs since December. To add to the fun I decided to mix up the rib recipe a bit...probably a sketchy idea, but after our rib finish in Libertyville its time to change something.

Matt, Brian and I are leaving for Jefferson City Thursday evening. We hope to get most of the way there and find a parking lot park to sleep for the night. I originally started this blog to track and share our stories from competitions so I'm looking forward to posting the Jefferson City story when we get home.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment