Saturday, January 8, 2011

I Am Alive!

First, an apology...I didn't intentionally abandon this blog all summer, it just sort of happened. The competition BBQ season kinda took over my life in late summer and early fall. The good news is that we had a fantastic year and I will give a recap post here in a bit.



We are also starting the planning process for the 2011 contest year. We hope to cook in our first event in mid-February so it won't be long before it starts all over again. It's also award banquet season and we have a couple of those to attend over the next couple of weeks and I hope to report on those as well.



We have also made major equipment changes in this off season. I November we sold TippyQ the 5th wheel toyhauler and late last month picked up our new to us 30 foot Class C Motorhome



We are very excited to have it and took forward to the travel comfort it will add for the long miles this summer. It should make getting to and from contests much easier and it has its own generator so no more worries about lousy power at contests!

To pair with the Motorhome we ordered a 2011 Extreme BBQ Trailer. Extreme BBQ trailers are custom build BBQ Porch trailers. We ordered a 7'x14' trailer with a 4' porch for the smokers. It should pull nicely behind the Motorhome. We should be able to pick up the trailer sometime in January and will have a lot of work to do to finish the kitchen on the inside. I will post pictures as soon as I have them.

I am also working with a national company on a sponsorship deal for 2011. I am very excited about this opportunity and I hope to have more news to share soon :)

2011 looks like its shaping up to be one heck of a year in competition BBQ, There's talk of a $200,000 payout contest, a new TV show is allegedly in the works again, and Kingsford is rumored to have big plans for bbq cooks in 2011. We are very excited about the year and hope to keep our lucky streak going. We will be picking our events carefully in 2011 and although we will likely cook fewer contests, we will very likely travel more miles in pursuit of the best contests against the best competition.

So that is where we are heading into the 2011 season. I am working on a recap post for 2010 and will get you caught up on that this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment